Archive for the ‘Jobs’ Category
Dynamic and growing consulting company is looking for a full-time Software Engineer. The Software Engineer will be responsible for the development, implementation and support of custom software solutions tailor designed to improve the productivity and business processes of our customers. The ideal candidate would be agnostic to programming languages and platforms. We are in need of a team player willing to work closely with junior developers.
• Develop, implement and support custom applications tailor designed for our customers and Business Analysts and Solution Architects.
• Maintain, monitor, document and enhance existing customer applications and internal tools
• Formulate database queries, views and functions to support database-driven applications
• Compile, test and deploy production applications in a variety of frameworks.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field
• 2+ years of experience with .NET development in C# and VB
• 1+ year of experience with Microsoft SQL Server (MS SQL, SSRS, SSIS & SSAS)
• Exposure to Oracle and MySQL databases
• Proficiency in HTML/CSS and XML/XSLT
• Solid understanding and experience with web services
• Exposure to Java development environments preferable JBOSS
• Experience with Microsoft SharePoint
• Internet Information Services (IIS)
• Configuration and setup of web servers in different platforms
• Knowledge of 3rd party controls, such as Telerik and Infragistics
• Familiar with Team Foundation Server or comparable source control solutions
• Extremely detail and deadline oriented
• Strong organization and project management skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
• Ability to work independently and learn new technologies with minimum supervision
• Critical thinking, problem solving and analysis is a must
• Proficiency in verbal and written communication
• Will do, can do, professional demeanor and attitude
•Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills
•Ability to solve any problem in a systematic manor
•Able to assist customers with their questions about any of our supported software and computing platforms to the best of his/her ability, in a professional and courteous manner.
•Should always be willing to find answers to all questions addressed to them accordingly.
•Should be ready to research questions using a variety of manuals and resources, including other consultants.
•Must be a Team Player!
This is an opportunity to join a high-performing team in a dynamic and exponentially growing company.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
Gate 3, a Chicago-based growing and dynamic consulting company, is now accepting applications from college or graduate students interested in summer internships. (more…)